Brought to you by - Competition ZENITH
Quant is a relatively tougher section to be frank not only in terms of the difficulty levels but also in terms of time and speed required. We need to look at the aspect that this section is demanding for most of the aspirants so you need to be quiet specific and precise to score the marks just to calm the cut off demons and that too very safely.
Maximum marks – 50
Target – 20-30
Time to Allot – 30-35 minutes
1. Start with the D.I. section and particularly with a tabular or a Pie chart type of D.I. as it’s easy to access them and just nimble calculation is required.
Take Care of – as there will be five questions from the D.I. and it’s not a hard and fast rule to solve each of them, just identify the easy and questions that is quicker to solve. Like some ratios to find or percentages of something don’t waste your time in questions which asks for a long coal scam audit type calculations, in the same time you can find out two more questions of other D.I.
2. Then attempt the number series , scan through the given series just think for 10 – 15 seconds if you are getting the theme or the concept of the series get in to it otherwise it’s of no use to waste time on questions which you will ultimately have to surrender.
3. Now go to quadratic equations look the questions if you think you can easily find out the roots then go for it otherwise skip the tough ones , there is no need to go in to (b^2 - 4ac)^1/2 stuff.
4. When you are done with this just click on the questions pallet and read the questions that comes one by one and assess that whether you can do that or not.the thing is if you read every question in the online artillery of questions , its for sure that you will find enough questions by enough I mean around 25-30 questions quickly and accurately.
This Section for me is the easiest section to score taking in to consideration of the accuracy, You need to target the weaker nerve of this section to maximize your score that to giving correct answers.
Maximum marks – 50
Target – 30 – 35 marks
Time to Allot – 35 – 40 minutes
Always try to divide reasoning in two time slots –
Slot - I
1. Click on the set of question directly with which you feel comfort, ideally do syllogisms, machine input, mathematical operators, data sufficiency and miscellaneous type of questions in one go.
2. These are questions that will never go wrong and will fetch you easy marks in a jiffy.
3. Practice hard for above mention topics, it will really help trust me.
4. Attempt the logical reasoning part if you feel confident about it .
Slot - II
1. After being done with the exam if you will be left with some 10 – 15 min. then attempt a puzzle or either of the sitting arrangements as per your comfort.
2. It will spur your scores further.
Maximum marks – 40
Target – 26 - 32 marks
Time to Allot – 25 - 30 minutes
1. Reading newspapers specially The Hindu and Business standard it will help you understand the language and usage of the words ,phrases and idioms properly.
2. During exam it is advisable to not to read comprehensions , just straight click on the antonym synonyms part of the comprehensions (2 comprehensions will come acc. To the pattern) and attempt it.
3. Then go to the cloze test here your newspaper reading will help you in gauging and zeroing on the options.
4. Attempt Para jumbles, sentence corrections and fill ups after it , Again it’s your newspaper reading that will save you again.
5. It’s a piece of advice that mark the answers only in which you feel confident as there are chances of negative scoring in this section.
6. You can also watch English movies with subtitles to increase your vocab. (fun while you learn).
Maximum marks – 40
Target – 25-30 marks
Time to Allot – 12 –14 minutes
1. Follow your economic sections of the above mentioned newspapers.
2. Surf the net and read the current affairs from different platforms.
3. Watch English news channels Times Now or The headlines Today, as watching news will help you memorize the events better and will increase your vocab.
4. Read monthly current affair magazines to ensure you cover each point of the GA section.
Maximum marks – 20
Target – 13 – 18 marks
Time to Allot – 5 – 7 minutes
1. This section will fetch you easy and quick 12 – 15 mark. (considering some wrong attempts).
2. Just go to market and pick any Tom, Dick or Harry’s book as they all copy paste the same stuff in each book.
3. Try to solve previous year question papers as the question in this section are repeated once in a while by the examiner