IBPS Clerk Exam is of 200 Marks & Total Time Duration for this exam is 2 Hours. Every Question is of 1 Mark.
- There are 40 Questions each from the topics:-
- Each part is of equal importance so candidates have to focus on each & every part of this exam.
- It should be noted by candidates is that there is Negative Marking of 0.25 Marks in this Exam. So plan for exam is according to the pattern & syllabus of IBPS Clerical Cadre.
40 questions from this section are as under.
- Symbols and their relationships
- Arithmetical computation
- Direction Test
- Sitting Arrangements (Circular/Linear/Reactangular)
- Decision making
- Verbal and figure classification
- Problem solving
- Arithmetical number series
- Relationship concepts
è Note: Reasoning part is very important aspect of this exam. This part is useful because of the pattern of questions ask in this exam. This section is very scoring so candidates need to focus more on this part. So candidates solve passage with Intelligence & Concentration. This part plays a crucial role in deciding merit of candidates. Marks of candidates also depend on this section. So IBPS Aspirants! Make reasoning your main weapon in the exam for crack upcoming IBPS clerk exam.
Topics to focus more:- Venn Diagrams, Seating Arrangements, Number Series, Coding and de-coding, Problem Solving, Statement & Conclusion type questions.
Quantitative Aptitude:- The quantitative section is vast and it will also have 40 questions.
- Decimals And Fractions
- Whole Numbers
- Relationship Between Numbers
- Ratio & Proportion
- HCF & LCM
- Profit & Loss
- Time And Work
- Simple Interest
- Time And Distance
- Compound Interest
- Permutations & Combination’s
- Number Series
- Approximate Values
- Data Interpretation
- Data Sufficiency
Note: - Aptitude is the section which play final role in the marks & Merit List of candidates. Candidates who scores in this section have fare chances to score high in this exam. Candidates are advised to save time from Reasoning, English & General Awareness as this part takes more time to solve the problems. Questions in this section will be less tough compared to IBPS PO exam. Calculation is questions are time taking, so candidates have to manage time for solving questions. Don’t take much time on one question. Solve question according to their merit. Focus on all question related to Data Interpretation & Simplification. Candidates can make strategy about how many no. of questions to be solve in Aptitude part with giving proper attention to all other sections because it is not practically possible to solve all 40 Questions in given time. Topic oriented scheme is useful for problem solving.
Topics to focus more:- Decimal and Fractions, Simplification, Percentages, Ratio and Proportion, Averages, Interest (Simple and Compound), Profit and Loss, Time and distance, Problems on Sharing, Frequency polygon, Bar-diagram, Pie-chart.
English Language:- Another important & scoring part of IBPS exam is General English. Candidate can score if they make proper time management.
- In this section candidates needs to focus more on selected topics like Errors, Comprehension, Cloze Test.
- Comprehension in this exam is very lengthy. so candidates have to manage time to read whole passage & answer to the Questions.
- It is often seen that candidates seems this less scoring. But this part is easy to score & less time taking if proper preparation time is given to English.
- Candidates are advised to don’t leave English part less prepared as it is very useful in scoring marks in written exam.
Topics to focus more:-
- Cloze Passage
- Comprehension Passage
- Spot the Error
- Fill in the Blanks
- Para Jumbles
General Awareness:-Nowadays General Awareness is Key part to score in the exam. Candidates who are upto date about facts & news of everyday aspects score more marks in this section. In IBPS exams mostly questions of General Awareness are asked from Current Affairs. Focus mainly on
- current affairs related to Banking & Finance Sector.
- Current affairs of National & International news,
- Important dates,
- Current Science,
- Sports & Culture are topics from which questions will be ask.
- Some questions are related to Banking & Marketing.
- Candidates are advised to sharpen their axe on daily current affairs by reading newspaper, magazines related to current affairs.
- Candidates can answer only those questions on which they are fully confident because their is negative marking. Wrong answer lessen your chances for selection.
Computer Knowledge:- In IBPS exams there is additional part of questions related to Computer Knowledge compare to SSC exam. In this section 40 questions are asked from Computer Knowledge.
- In this section question are asked from topics related to
- Basic of Computers
- Computer Organization
- Generations of computer
- Input & Output Device
- Shortcuts & Basic knowledge
- MS word, MS Excel
- MS power point
- Memory Orientation
- LAN, WAN
- Computer Abbreviations,
- Modern day Technology.
Note: Candidates can easily score in this section because syllabus is not so vast. Questions ask on operations which a person’s generally done on computers. This part is less time taking also so it can help in solving more no. of questions in Reasoning & Aptitude.