v SAARC Summit:
South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation (SAARC)
Headquarter - Kathmandu (Nepal)
Secretary General - Arjun Bahadur
Members – Maldives, Bhutan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Pakistan, Afghanistan, India, Nepal (MBBS PAIN)
· 18th SAARC Summit 2014 – Kathmandu, Nepal
· 19th SAARC Summit 2016 – Islamabad, Pakistan
v G 20 Summit:
The G20 is the premier forum for international economic cooperation and decision-making, with members from 19 countries plus the European Union. G20 members account for 85 percent of the world economy, 80 percent of global trade and two-thirds of the world's population.
Members: Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, European Union, France, Germany, Indonesia, India, Italy, Japan, Republic of Korea, Mexico, Russia, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Turkey, United Kingdom and the United States.
· 15th G-20 Summit 2015 – Turkey
· 16th G-20 Summit 2016 – China
v NATO Summit:
NATO’s essential purpose is to safeguard the freedom and security of its members through political and military means.
Headquarter – Brussels, Belgium
Secretary General - Jens Stoltenberg
Members – 28 countries
· NATO Summit 2014 – Wales, United Kingdom
· NATO Summit 2016 – Warsaw, Poland
v BRICS Summit –
· 7th BRICS Summit 2015 - Ufa, Russia
The New Development Bank (NDB), is operated by the BRICS states as an alternative to the existing World Bank and International Monetary Fund.
The New Development Bank headquarter is in Shanghai, China.
The Bank will have a rotating chair and its first President will come from India for the first six years.
v IBSA Summit:
IBSA Dialogue Forum (India, Brazil, South Africa) is an international tripartite group for promoting international cooperation among these countries.
· 7th IBSA Summit 2015: India (New Delhi)
v ASEAN Summit
(Association of South East Asian Nations)
Members: Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam
· ASEAN Summit 2015 – Langkawi, Malaysia
v APEC Summit
(Asia Pacific Economic Cooperation)
· 27th APEC Summit 2015 – Philippines
· 28th APEC Summit 2016 – Lima, Peru
· 29th APEC Summit 2017 – Hano, Vietnam
v OPEC International Seminar
(Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries)
· 6th OPEC International Seminar 2015: Vienna, Austria
v NAM Summit
(Non Alighed Movement)
· 17th NAM Summit 2015 – Caracas, Venezulea
v G 7 Summit:
G7, (formerly G8) is a governmental forum of leading advanced economies in the world.
Members: Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, Britain and the US
· 40th G-7 Summit 2014 - Brussels, Belgium
· 41st G7 Summit 2015 - Schloss Elmau, Bavaria, Germany
Note: Russia has been turfed out of the G8 group of industrialised nations over its actions in Crimea.